5. You should drink six to eight glasses of water a day since water cleanses the toxins out the body and it keeps you hydrated during the day. Water is also a good appetite suppressant.
6. Do not make the mistake of eliminating all fats from your diet. Cook with good fats such as olive oil, sunflower oil and canola oil.
7. Sometimes it is good to read books about people who successfully lost weight and kept it off. Write down some of the strategies they used and then incorporate them into your diet.
8. Do not go shopping for food on an empty stomach because when this happens you are more likely to buy the unhealthy foods that led to the weight gain.
9. You should increase your intake of proteins, whole grains, and fruits and vegetables.
10. Read labels of foods you purchase because many processed foods and soft drinks contain the
maximum amount of calories you will need for the day. Some fast food restaurants now have the number of calories that are in their items.
11. Do not let your mind revolve around food. Instead you should stay busy with activities that do not involve food such as working around the house, giving the baby his bath, going on a bike ride with friends or organizing the piles of bills you have.