Summer time is filled with outdoor activities, playing outside with friends, camping, swimming and so much more. Now that school is out (if your child is in a traditional school instead of an all-year school), kids are too busy to eat. They would much rather be playing that to take the time to stop and eat a healthy meal or snack. Here are some ideas that can help make sure your kids are getting the nutrition they need.
1.Start with a filling breakfast: You’ve likely heard the saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When you eat breakfast, it provides energy and boosts the metabolism for the rest of the day. Make sure that you and your children always eat a healthy and filling breakfast to start the day. You can give your children such things as:
See More: HOW TO BRAID HAIRSTYLES?
- a healthy cereal (low in sugars), with milk, fruit and toast
- an omelet with Post to Post Links II error: No post found with slug "7-foods-to-swap-for-a-skinnier-you"
- cheese sandwiches with fruits
- yogurt, nuts, milk and toast
2.Juice for a mid-morning boost: Kids love juice and this will help to get them their daily requirements of fruits. Make sure the fruits are real and not sugar by-products. Here are some ideas for mid-morning juice choices.
- Fresh squeezed orange juice with ice cubes
- Orange juice mixed with some mint leaves
- Fresh squeezed lemon aide with just a touch of sugar
- Grape juice
….READ MORE ON THE NEXT PAGE