Having good natural hair does not mean you should not care for it. With time, you would discover that what was once eye-catching has lost its glory, making you look dull, older and unattractive. With good natural hair care routine, you will always maintain your natural endowment, and some of the things you should always have are co-wash shampoo, clarifying shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, deep conditioner, microfiber towel or t-shirt, hair cream, hair clips, hair oil, wide-tooth comb, olive oil or coconut oil and satin or silk scarf or bonnet.
With the right items, there are certain activities which should make up your natural hair care routine, which are briefly discussed below.
There is no right or wrong schedule when it comes to cleansing the hair. However, the factors you need to always consider are your lifestyle (whether you are active), the length of your hair, and how fragile your hair is.
It would be ideal to wash the hair once a week, and the way the hair feels would let you know if it would be right to increase the washing per week or not.
Conditioning depends on the type of hair you have. These should be your guide:
• A light weight conditioner should be used for fine and oily hair. However, do not put the product on the roots. It should be evenly distributed from mid-length to the ends.
• A hydrating conditioner should be used for coarse and dry hair, and applied from the roots of your hair to the ends.
• To achieve uniform distribution of the conditioner in your natural hair care routine, a wide-toothed comb and your hands should be used.
• Any conditioner of good quality should be used for normal hair. It should be applied from the roots to the ends of the hair.
• The conditioner should not be allowed to lay on your skin. It can cause acne if allowed.….READ MORE ON THE NEXT PAGE